Monday, August 22, 2011

Plano is the new Smallville

Plano, Illinois, not 20 minutes away from my house, is where the new Superman movie is currently being filmed! I can't imagine a better place for Smallville, the quintessential midwestern corn town. No offense to any of my friends who live in Plano (*cough*Chantel*cough*Mary*cough*), but there's pretty much nothing there... perfect for Smallville!

I'm tempted to go down there and see what's up (like I did when Transformers 3 was being shot in Chicago...), but... it's Plano! Can't wait to see the new movie though, it'll be even more exciting and close to home than seeing Transformers 3 or the Dark Knight. (Maybe not closer to home than Public Enemies though, where some scenes were shot at the Paramount Theater in Aurora.)





1 comment:

  1. sounds like a fun day trip! on the way to your parents house even!

    ReplyDelete